Recipe Monday – Tarja Froġa
Tarja Froġa is a Maltese pasta omelette, traditionally made with vermicelli. This dish was an ingenious way of bulking up freshly cooked pasta or turning leftovers into a second meal, as it comes together without much effort, but disappears just as fast!
- 300grms Vermicelli Spaghetti
- 3 beaten eggs
- 5tbs grated cheese
- seasoning (salt and pepper)
- Olive Oil
- Beat the eggs into a big bowl, add the cheese and seasoning
- Mix the cooked vermicelli
- Put a little olive oil in a frying pan, and spread the contents of the bowl in it.
- Fry on a low heat till its golden brown and crispy on both sides.
- Serve piping hot!
Tip! – Be careful when turning over the froġa, if it’s not cooked enough it will end up breaking up while turning. You can use a plate to help you flip it over.